I'm a web developer first and foremost so this comment really hit home.

And it was found on a Slashdot article which makes it better/worse. It's the first comment down and I doubt it will move down from the top.

>>
I once joked with a colleague that Internet Explorer has probably wiped billions off pounds off the world economy. I laughed, paused for a moment, and realised it's probably completely true. What could the world have done with all those countless hours hacking their CSS to support the trash that is Internet Explorer?

Doesn't it make you depressed?

Simon
>>

Good job Simon I don't know who you are but that is spot on.


All this is in response to a Blog posting on the IE blog http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx where they release the name of the next IE version.

Name??
Are you freaking kidding me?
What about standards compliance??
What about fixing layout bugs??

I have a real good name for Internet Explorer but I can't write it in this family friendly blog!


Of course fixing these things might impact Adobe's and Microsoft's little Air vs Silverlight war and who would want that?

PS: I hate IE and all the time of mine it has wasted, and to be fair I used to hate Netscape 4.5 just as much for the same reason.

LONG LIVE FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  1. Patrick Wolf said...
    Yeah, that have to be countless hours. Also think about the AJAX call differences and the event handling registration. That's a lot of code out there which just takes care of this basic stuff...

    Patrick
    Anonymous said...
    We call it internet exploder at my office.

Post a Comment