Themes and Theme Testing

I've created an application here that lists out all the themes contained in APEX along with a thumbnail. Each image links to a copy of our theme testing application running that particular theme, the theme testing application is just the regular sample application with extra pages to cover different template and item types.

When we build out themes for APEX we build very generically and the theme testing application is what we use to test against. Feel free to download the theme testing application and use to test your own themes or theme variations against.

Vikas used to host applications showcasing the themes but I figured we (APEX team) should take the time update them with every version change and Theme Testing Application change. Like I've stated before I have almost no moral issues with 'borrowing' a good idea , but I did contact Vikas and ask first ;).

If you think we are missing a use case in that application please drop a line in the comments, or better yet comp one out on apex.oracle.com and put a link in the comments. Remember we build very generically so the themes can handle as many data and usage variations as possible.

15 Comments:

  1. Arie Geller said...
    Hi Carl,

    The theme demo application is indeed a very useful one, and I also used the “original” application by Vikas.

    From what I can see, some of the login pages are giving the wrong workspace name – carl – instead of the correct one – themes. The applications I identified are for themes 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8.

    I didn’t install the test application yet, but I’m sure it’s a very useful one.

    Once again, many thanks on sharing it with us.

    Best Regards,
    Arie.
    Carl Backstrom said...
    Hello,

    >> I also used the “original” application by Vikas.

    Actually Vikas was using our original theme testing app ;) his idea was to host all the current themes on apex.oracle.com , which is a great idea.

    Thanks for catching the workspace issue, I'll take care of that ASAP.

    Carl
    Bill Ferguson said...
    Hi Carl,

    I downloaded and installed the theme_testing.zip file and installed it on my own server, but it only appears to be the sample app that showcases all of the different 'items' (regions, buttons, etc.) and how they appear within a theme. Is it possible (or am I missing it?) to also have the app your link points to, which shows all of the themes, so when one is selected, it runs the sample app under that theme?

    Thanks,
    Bill Ferguson
    Anonymous said...
    Hello,

    I have installed the Test Application on my laptop, however, I cannot seem to log into it with the user name "demo" and the password "themes." Would you let me know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks
    cyndiback said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    pay per head call center said...
    hey guys that,s really amazing posts...
    web design astoria said...
    This blog is an exact representation of skills. I appreciate the blogger for posting the most excellent thought.
    Anonymous said...
    Wonderful job. Thanks for sharing such a great post.
    hermes kelly 35
    Unknown said...
    obat kutil kelamin yang alami said...
    Unknown said...
    Unknown said...
    This article is unique and interesting. thanks for your share. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea.
    obat herbal manjur untuk penyakit wasir atau ambeien
    cara mempersempit vagina setalah melahirkan
    obat herpes herbal
    Anonymous said...

    This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!
    jual obat kencing nanah di jakarta
    jual obat herbal untuk penyakit kanker payudara
    jual obat herbal untuk kutil kelamin
    cara mengobati kutil kelamin dengan cepat
    dimana bisa beli obat untuk penyakit jengger
    Model Pintu Kayu Jati said...
    Model Pintu Kayu Jati said...
    There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article

    Pintu Masjid
    Mimbar Masjid Jati
    Tempat Tidur Tingkat Anak
    Tempat Tidur Tingkat
    Pintu Masjid Model Nabawi
    Tempat Tidur Anak
    Pintu Rumah Mewah
    Furniture Cantik Jepara
    Tempat Tidur Anak Murah

Post a Comment